Sustainable duck hatchery Duck-To Farm
Duck-To Farm had the largest solar farm in the Netherlands on their roofs with just under 8,000 solar panels in 2016.
- +3.1 Million Kwh/year yield
- +/- 13000 solar panels realised at our companies
- Largest solar farm 2016
Solar panel projects
- Installation (2016) of nearly 7,700 solar panels on the roofs of duck barns in Ermelo. Generation of over 2 Million KWh per year.
- Placement (2019): additional 4,300 panels on slaughterhouse in Ermelo. Generation of over 1 million KWh per year
- Placement (2023): additional 1,000 panels at the duck barns in Ermelo.
Animal welfare Peking ducks
We take good care of our Ducks:
- 0% antibiotics
- Specially trained catching teams and animal-friendly transport
- Fresh straw for cleaning and snebbing every day
- Unlimited water & feed
- Brushing water available for natural behaviour
- No animal interventions: Wings or beaks are not clipped
- Feeding is voluntary , like in nature (foraging, cleaning, resting)
- The ducks have enough space in the farmer's barn to scratch around
- Own water treatment
- Controlling waste flows
- Energy consumption reduction (cooling, lighting, heat exchangers, etc.)